… is an online source of information, tools and services in the field of community bioenergy heating.
4th November 2022
This webinar focused on biomass as a potential source of renewable energy for generating heat and electricity in distributed energy systems and in household applications.
You can hear a definition of biomass, the types, properties and forms to be used for heating purposes in bioenergy cooperatives, how to estimate the local biomass potential, biomass costs and heat costs compared to other fuels, the type of equipment used for biomass harvesting, the type of infrastructure for biomass logistics, and finally examples of successful cases.
Who is this video for?
Farmers, biomass producers, Individual stakeholders, in particular potential end-users of biomass, households, schools, multi-family buildings, housing cooperatives, public institutions, scientist, students, engineers, energy advisors on rural areas, energy consultants! You can find more information on the BECoop pilots here: https://www.becoop-project.eu/pilot-areas/
The project BECoop has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 952930. The sole responsibility for the content of this website lies with the authors. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Union. Neither the European Commission nor any person acting on behalf of the Commission is responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.
BECoop relevant Deliverables
- State-of-play of community bioenergy across Europe: market size, applications and best practices
- Regional and EU framework and value chain conditions affecting community bioenergy uptake
- Stakeholders’ perceptions, acceptance levels and needs on bioenergy heating
- Definition of community bioenergy heating uptake needs and challenges
BECoop policy recommendations
External useful knowledge reports
- RESCoops business models
- Financial Handbook for RESCoops
- Mobilizing European citizens to invest in Renewable Energy
- Financing guide for Energy Communities
- Business Models for Energy Communities
- How the EU can support RESCoops and citizens to participate in the energy transition
- Best practice guide for Energy Communities
- RESCoops: An overview of energy and social innovation
- RESCoops Business Models paper
- Financing community energy
- Guidance notes to the co-operative principles
- RESCoops: main features and success factors in collectively implementing energy transition.